Remember this list of 28 things from my 28th birthday?
- Wear more lipstick
- Raise a well-behaved puppy
- Get a new passport
- Get a new passport stamp
- Appreciate my new job
- Organize my scrapbooks
- Start organizing old photos
- Use and appreciate my handwriting
- Fund my Roth IRA
- Go to a food event
- Walk most days with Emma and Simon
- Help John be successful on a daily basis
- Read 12 books
- Get 7-8 hours of sleep most nights
- Organize the two bins of keepsakes in the basement
- Do one DIY project for the house
- Actually scrapbook (not just organize)
- Keep up on the blog - 1-2 entries per week and reach 1000 posts (coming soon!)
- Take 1 weekend trip
- Create a will
- Teach Simon to swim at the cabin
- Go camping
- Research getting my MBA
- Finish my name change
- Scan remaining photo negatives
- Really celebrate our 1-year anniversary (don't take it for granted or as just another day)
- Wear a hat in the sun and be really diligent about protecting my fair skin
- Support important causes - volunteer, donate, participate in events
I am making way through my list of goals. Here are some recent updates:
Get a new passport
Check, check, check. This is such a relief and just in time…
Get a new passport stamp
Coming soon! I found out I will be traveling for work this summer to some of our international locations (!) and I am so excited to put my new passport to use.
Use and appreciate my handwriting
I had a handwriting breakthrough moment recently. I was working on preserving my study abroad (London, 2004) photographs, and I was planning to print all of my notes for the album. I decided to try handwriting a few of the journaling cards because the printing was taking a long time. Handwriting was fast and actually looked great. I loved having a personal touch to the album. Here’s a look at one of the cards I wrote out. My formatting may not be perfect, but I am so glad I went this route for most of the album.
I have read 6 books since writing this down – highly motivated by “The Hunger Games” (that knocked off 3 alone!). I’m really happy about this one. I've also encouraged John to read a few as well.
Do one DIY project for the house
My grapefruit pink door rocks! Check!
Create a will
We have it hand-written, but we still need to get our will into Legal Zoom. I’d like to get this done before the summer gets into swing.
Research getting my MBA
This is in the works. I am greatly debating the “when” factor of doing an MBA program, given it’s a big commitment for the next 2-3 years.
Finish my name change
I have finished as much I can other than doing a few ad-hoc changes for unimportant things (online accounts, etc) – the large check! here coming when I officially changed my work email address last week. It was a big step. Now, I just have to get used to calling myself “Kelli Ertel” when asked.